The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Aquaculture, Environment and Society Plus (EMJMD ACES+) offers a unique opportunity to study in up to four centres of European excellence in aquaculture research and learning; Scotland, Crete, France and the Netherlands. It will also allow you to gain the practical and theoretical skills needed for a successful career in aquaculture through industry-led research programs, internships and fieldwork.
- The objectives and format of the EMJMD ACES+ allows for graduates to be equipped to work in senior management roles in a wide range of settings, including fin and shell-fish farms, environmental and regulatory organizations, international trade organizations, and also non-governmental organizations.
- The unique nature of the course and the opportunities for travel mean students gain a learning experience far exceeding a traditional Master degree route based at one university.
- The close links they have with the aquaculture industry globally facilitates excellent employment prospects the students, whether in the commercial or public sector and/or academia.
- The EMJMD ACES program is also geared towards developing professional practice and policy. Close links with the aquaculture industry and legislators are central to this program.
- Erasmus Mundus scholarships, which are funded by the EACEA of the European Union, will meet the cost of annual tuition fees, and will provide a contribution towards travel and relocation, and also a contribution towards daily living expenses.
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent; second class or higher at Honors level) in one of the fields of biological or environmental sciences. An appropriate background could include; aquaculture-related studies, marine science and/or resources, aquatic biology, biology, or environmental sciences linked to the field of marine science and fisheries; and
- For non-UK students, a Secure English Language Test (i.e. IELTS) certificate (applicants must achieve an overall score of 6.5 in this test and a minimum of 6.0 in all four components). Please note, if IELTS test centers’ in your country remain closed due to COVID-19, then we recommend you take the LanguageCert International Communicator ESOL B2. This test can be done online and you should not be required to do another IELTS test in the event travel bans are lifted or IELTS test centers’ re-open.
- Mature students and/or those with practical working experience in the aquaculture industry are welcomed.
Eligible Regions: Open for All